Charlene Choi - Another Me EP

I'm tryin' to get you, guys, the newest stuff I find recommendable, but not only that. So this EP is like from... yesterday? Or maybe even today.
I find it interesting that the more I listen to the Chinese music, the more I listen to ballads. I don't know maybe it's just that they put them like everywhere so when I'm doing some works, surf in the net or read a book I just don't mind if there's a slow, mellow ballad or a fast one. I find it relaxing. But another interesting thing is that I listen to more and more Cantonese music. Most of the new releases now are Cantonese. Somehow that language doesn't bother me anymore. Maybe I got used to it. Nevermind, it's a positive, why bother questioning 'bout it?
Kay, to the right topic now!


Charlene Choi's new EP. I did hear her before, but not much really. She's a member of the famous Twins, but I don't actually listen to them. But I like her voice. It's warm and nice. But with this EP it was little different. Why I got it? Honestly, it was the cover that got my attention first. BEAUTIFUL. Love it! Forgive me, I'm a cover fetishist, I would want to see only beautiful covers that express the spirit of music. Don't know if Chalrene's cover represents the music, but sure it's artistic. And so simple, isn't it? Just check out her photo session for this.
The EP? Full of ballads! Ballads that don't annoy me, ballads that are pretty nice. But honestly the last track,
little faster 同班同学, is my favorite. Nice work.


Artist: Charlene Choi 蔡卓妍
Album: Another Me EP
Year: 2009
Language: Cantonese
Genre: pop/ballad
1. 生还者
2. 放得低
3. 等一个怀抱
4. 幸福空气
5. 同班同学



24.84 MB

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Shanghai Grotesque - spreading & sharing the love for chinese music Design by Insight © 2009